Facial acupuncture is a natural anti-aging treatment. It is a non-surgical facial that more people are turning to as an alternative to invasive injections, fillers and chemical treatments to restore a radiant glow to our complexion.
Like acupuncture for other conditions it also involves placing tiny, painless acupuncture needles into various points on the face.
Facial acupuncture works in the same way that other acupuncture treatments do—it focuses on balancing a person’s qi and clearing blockages and thus enhancing facial appearance by increasing circulation and proper lymph flow, and clearing congestion. It also helps address the underlying causes of skin issues and premature aging, such as hormonal imbalances, digestive health, and stress and therefore skin looks more radiant, reduce lines around the mouth and eyes, and aid with depuffing.
How does facial acupuncture work?
- Stimulates production of elastin and collagen to plump up the skin and smooth out fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases circulation, balancing skin tone and texture
- Increased blood flow encourages detox, lymph drainage & oxygenation
- Increases nutrients to the skin’s surface which can brighten eyes and clears complexion
- Reduces and relaxes tension in the facial nerves and muscles
- Stimulates muscle elasticity which helps sagging chin neck and cheeks
- Reduces stress
Each case will be assessed individually but in majority of cases consecutive weekly session followed by maintenance treatment every one or two months may be recommended. In some cases, effects are seen immediately after one session but to ensure the benefits of facial acupuncture it also depends on addressing other areas such as exercise, nutrition and stress management.
However, at a fraction of the the cost of other procedures and the safety profile of this procedure, it is an alternative procedure that I have been offering for many years in restoring a radiant glow both inside and outside.